Monday, August 9, 2010

Project 7: Bubble Painting

Adding food coloring to bubbles can make some pretty pictures!


Supplies needed: Bubbles (you can make your own, link to recipes included in "How To" section), Food coloring, Paper, Things to use as bubble wands (such as the fly swatter)

How To:
Step 1- You can use store bought bubbles or make your own http://bubbleblowers.com/homemade.html

Step 2- Add lots of food coloring to the bubbles (wear your painting clothes!)

Step 3- Spread out your papers. Here we put them on the stairs, but later we put them in a circle and stood in the middle of the circle which worked the best! (My camera battery died so I didn't get a picture.) If the wind is blowing then put something on the papers to hold them down. (I said get rocks, but my kids used chalk. Hey, whatever works is good with me!)

Step 4- Blow bubbles! Our fly swatter was really fun! Really, though, do this on the grass! It didn't stain the stairs but them really soapy.

Step 5- Let the them dry and you have some pretty papers to use for another craft project. (Yes I have something in mind :)



Prep: HARD
Clean-up: EASY if you do it on the grass.
Time it took: From prep to finish was about an hour.

Notes:
Motivated boys to do chores: YES
Kept their attention: YES
Easy: Not bad
Stress Level for Mom: MEDIUM

Required supervision: YES
Messy: YES
Breakable: NO
Harmful/ Dangerous to play with: NO

2 comments:

  1. That looks like fun! But it sounds like it wasn't your favorite. Am I right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a little stressful because I didn't really know what I was doing. I just got the idea and tried it out. Now that I've done it once it will go tons smoother when we do it again because I know what works and what doesn't. :)

    ReplyDelete